So we’re only six month into 2019 and you’ve already successfully upgraded from the lonely hearts club to a semi-serious relationship – congratulations.
The only problem is, you’ve done it just in time for Valentine’s Day. Awkward.
As there are so many ways to get it wrong, here are 13 things not to do on the big day.
1. Do not feel guilty for not wanting to get involved.
2. Do not feel pressure to spend lots of money.
3. Do not think that a surprise mini-break to Paris is a good idea.
4. Do not hire a flashmob of violin players.
5. Do not make public declarations of love on Facebook.
6. Do not ghost them on 13 February.
7. Do not pretend to have forgotten on the day.
8. Do not plan a last-minute business trip.
9. Do not agree to meet their parents.
10. Do not make them a handmade card.
11. Do not put rose petals anywhere.
12. Do not underestimate the power of pizza.
Who needs commitment when you have cheesy carbs?
13. Do not propose. nope!